Fried pumpkin flowers

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hi everyone!

Fall is at the door... I love seeing the trees slowly changing color, especially here in Colorado.
My garden is full of zucchini and pumpkin flowers, they open up in the morning, usually with a bee sleeping inside. This morning I waited for the little bee to fly-out and get busy, I picked the flowers and prepare them to make one of my favorite snacks.. fried flowers! Yes, it sound strange, but you have to try them, they are simply delicious.

You need just a few ingredients to make them, they are delicious as a snack, side dish or appetizer:



INGREDIENTS:


  • 2-4 PUMPKIN FLOWERS (zucchini flowers are great as well!!)
  • 1 EGG
  • 1 tbsp FLOUR
  • 1 pinch of SALT
  • 1 tbsp cold WATER
  • vegetable OIL to fry
  1. Gently rinse the flowers in cold water. Take off the pistil. Pat dry with paper towel.

        2. Mix egg, flour and salt in a bowl until well combined.


         3.  Add a splash of cold water, make sure the batter is not too runny but nice and creamy.


4. Dip the flowers one by one in the batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
5. Once golden on both sides, let the fried flowers rest a couple minutes on paper towel, in order to absorb the extra oil. Serve them hot.
6. You can use the same batter to fry a zucchini. Slice the zucchini pretty thin, dip in the batter and fry until golden.

Enjoy!!
Buon appetito!!

Please let me know if you try my recipe! Leave a comment!

xoxo,



Comments