Rice Salad with zucchini and tuna

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Hello everyone!

School started last week, I don't know about you but for me that means the end of summer. The weather doesn't agree though, as it's still nice and warm outside and we all still crave fresh and summery meals. I decided I'll keep summer "alive" by keep cooking summer dishes!
Zucchinis are bursting out of the garden... it's the perfect ingredient to use these days. There's nothing better than seasonal ingredients.
I will show you how to prepare a delicious Rice Salad, perfect for lunch, dinner or to bring to a picnic with friends. 
Here's the recipe:


RICE SALAD with ZUCCHINI & TUNA



INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups of white rice
  • 1 large zucchini
  • 1 can of tuna (better if in olive oil)
  • salt to taste
  • a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 lemon (lemon zest and a tbsp of lemon juice)
  • 1 tbsp of mayonnaise (optional)
  1. Boil the rice in a large pot with water and salt (or cook it in the best way you can). It takes around 15 minutes for it to cook.
  2. In the meantime, cut the zucchini in cubes and saute' in a skillet with olive oil and a little salt, until nice and tender (I like it golden brown..).
  3. Drain the rice and sprinkle some cold water on it, so that some of the starch gets washed-off and it cools down.
  4. Drain the tuna and add it to a bowl together with the rice and the cooked zucchini. Grate a little lemon zest, add the lemon juice and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix altogether.
  5. If you like it a little creamier you can mix-in some mayo.
Serve cold or at room temperature. Buon Appetito!!

 zucchini while cooking



I hope you like this fresh and nutritious salad! Please let me know in a comment what you think or if you tried it!


xoxo,


Comments