Jam filled Crostata

Hello!!

Here I am with another recipe.. this is one of my favorite to prepare, and of course to eat. It's the perfect match with a cup of coffee in the morning or a cup of tea in the afternoon. My children love it at any time of the day!

What jam would you put inside? I've tried all kinds of jams.. but my favorite for this tarte is apricot {if you have homemade jam it's even better!}.


Let's see what you need to do to make this:




INGREDIENTS

for the dough:
  • 1-1/2 cups FLOUR
  • 1/2 cup SUGAR
  • a pinch of SALT
  • 2 sticks of UNSALTED BUTTER (cut in little cubes)
  • 1 whole EGG
  • 1 EGG YOLK
  • 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
  • zest of one LEMON
for the filling:
  • a few tbsp of your favorite JAM

  1. Mix together in a bowl flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter cut in small pieces, fold it gently.  Add the eggs, the vanilla and lemon zest. Knead the ingredients briefly on a floury pastry-board until you obtain a ball. 
  2. Let it cool down in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. 
  3. Use a little butter and flour to grease and dust a tarte pan. Cut the dough in 2 halves, roll one in a 1/2 inch thick disc and put it in the pan as a base of your crostata
  4. Add the jam on top of the rolled dough.
  5. Roll the second piece of dough in order to cut out at least 8 strips (not too thick). 
  6. Decorate the crostata forming a design with the strips of dough.
  7. Bake for 35 minutes in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees.

Buon Appetito!!!
Please share with me if you tried it and how it came out... I would love to know!!!



xoxo,


*I'm an Amazon Affiliate, by clicking or buying the items I propose, you help me gain a few bucks. Thank you!
\

Comments