Creamy Peas Pasta

Hello everyone!

Today's recipe is a pasta dish that I rarely make because of some "picky-eaters" in my family {my husband can eat almost anything...but don't give him peas!!! :)}. Pasta with peas. There's different ways to make this dish, what I'll show you here is the creamy kind, mouth-watering and delicious.
As you probably know there's so many ways and different recipes to make a pasta sauce, and that's the beauty of pasta! Everyday you can have a different type of dish. This is what Italians do, we eat pasta everyday, it's our lunch, the main meal of the day. How many times I've heard people telling me in awe "you eat pasta EVERY. DAY?" Well, yes. I'm Italian and this is my food, a different type of pasta every day.

Here's what you need to make my creamy peas pasta:



INGREDIENTS (4-6 persons)

  • 1 lbs of SHELL PASTA
  • 12 oz of FROZEN PEAS
  • 1 cup of CREAM
  • 1 small ONION
  • a drizzle of EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • 2 slices of BACON
  • SALT & PEPPER to taste
  • a handful of PARMIGIANO REGGIANO cheese (parmesan cheese is fine too)

  1. Put a big pot full of water on the stove. Add 3 handful of salt in water, wait until it boils (it's good to cover it with a lid).
  2. When water boils, throw the pasta and cook it "al dente".. (if it's Barilla, or any Italian brand pasta, follow cooking directions).
  3. In the meantime, prepare your sauce. It needs to be ready when the pasta is cooked.
  4. Drizzle the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and the bacon, cut in small pieces.
  5. Add the peas, salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid. It should cook in 10-15 minutes.
  6. Taste the peas, add the cream and the cheese. Taste to see if it's salty enough, if not add a pinch of salt.
  7. Drain the pasta, put it in the sauce pan. Mix well and serve right away.

Buon Appetito!!!



As always, I would love to know if you try my recipe. Leave a comment below!!

xoxo,




Comments

Post a Comment