Arugula Pesto


Hello everyone!

Pesto is a classic condiment made in Italy that is used mostly with pasta. The most common fresh herb for pesto is basil, but today I'll show you how to make this recipe with a different herb: arugula. I think it's becoming more and more popular in the grocery stores' refrigerated shelves. I particularly love it, especially its hint of bitterness, its beautiful bright color and the crunchiness of its fresh leaves. I finally got all the ingredients together to make a delicious pesto, perfect for pasta, sandwich spread or even a dip!
Here is what you need:

ARUGULA PESTO INGREDIENTS


  • 3 oz FRESH ARUGULA
  • 1 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • 1/2 cup GRATED PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
  • 1/4 cup PINE NUTS
  • 1 GARLIC CLOVE
  • SALT to taste
  1. Mix all ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
  2. Keep in a closed jar in your refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
  3. If served on pasta, please do not cook it! Simply add it to the cooked pasta, top with grated parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!!


Please, as always, let me know if you try my recipe! Leave a comment below!

xoxo,







I'm an amazon affiliate, if you click or buy this item I will receive a small percentage of the purchase.

Comments