Fall Cake ~ fruit filled cake

 


Welcome Fall 2020!
I decided to start this beautiful season with a cozy and delicious cake. The filling is a combination of peaches, pears and apples slices, it's like a "goodbye" to Summer and a "hello" to Fall.
I found the recipe in a collection of recipes that I had started probably when I was 12 or 13 years old. I've always loved cooking, I used to look for recipes in magazines or books and draw them or make a collage in a notebook. I used to call myself "cuoca Luisa" (meaning: Luisa the chef) and sign every recipe with that name. My Mom always kept it and recently gave it to me, it's fun to look back, read my old recipes and remember those times of lightheartedness. 
I'm sharing this one with you, hoping you have a delightful season. 

INGREDIENTS

For the dough:
  • 1-1/4 cups of FLOUR
  • 1 stick of UNSALTED BUTTER
  • 1/3 cup of SUGAR
  • 1/2 tbsp of BAKING POWDER
  • 1 EGG
  • 2 EGG YOLKS
  • 1 pinch of SALT 

For the filling:
  • 2 APPLES
  • 2 PEARS
  • 1 PEACH
  • 1 tbsp of SUGAR
  • LEMON zest
  1. Make the dough mixing all the ingredients, you can do it by hand or with a mixer. The butter should be soft. Make a ball and let it rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
  2. In the meantime peel the fruit and cut it in thin slices, put it in a bowl mixing to it the sugar and the lemon zest.
  3. Roll a little more than half of the dough on a piece of parchment paper, big enough to cover a 9 inches pie pan. 
  4. After placing it in the pan, add the filling, the mix of cut fruit.
  5. Roll the remaining dough into a thin disc (I roll it on a large piece of plastic wrap, then cover the pie and gently peel it off) to cover the pie. Close all the edges pressing with your finger or with the point of a fork.
  6. Place in a pre-heated oven at 350 F degrees for 35 minutes.

ENJOY!!!






Comments